Friday, July 18, 2008

Hammer Time




Yeah, so that's a lame title, but I couldn't resist. the sketch pretty much explains it's self. its a guy, and he has a hammer. Should be another guy sketch coming up a bit later. I have been drawing a lot of woman recently, so I needed to start drawing blokes again.




Oh and most of the guys a draw are bald, mainly because I find it easier to just paint guys hair over a bald head for some reason.




Sony's E3 conference was interesting. Produced a lot of mixed responses over the various blogs/forums, but people we generally disappointed from the sounds of things. I frequently saw people asking "where is the big announcement like the Microsoft FFXIII release" which to me is odd.




The Only reason for Microsoft to make that their big, end of conference surprise announcement is to have a poke (or full on slap) at Sony. It's not going to sell systems in the USA, every one who would play a game like FFXIII I am willing a bet already has a 360 or a PS3, and its apparently a PS3 exclusive in Japan still, so it's not going to help the 360's situation over there.




Anyway, I thought Sony did all right. Sure it was pretty much what I said last post, Little Big Planet and the various sequels that are going to make it out this year, but with the Video service going live, and some of the funky stuff coming out on the PSN it was hardly a disappointing conference.




I think it's going to be an interesting console war, Microsoft seems to be trying to make everyone happy (Or more accurately, milk as many markets as possible), Nintendo are rinsing and repeating (fair enough, the 3rd party's seem to be bringing some decent games for "hardcore" gamers anyway), and Sony are still trying to get their stride (I hope it doesn't take till the end of their 10 year plan).




http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/7/16/ said it best, if a little harshly (I guess that's why its so funny though). If you haven't read it already, you should check it out.






Oh one more thing. Speaking of guys and hammers; http://www.drhorrible.com/act_I.html




Well, back to drawing,




Ta ta.

No comments: